Welcome to Dedication Matters
Professional Toastmaster and Celebrant Based in Chester UK
Dedication Matters offers you Celebrant, Toastmaster and Master of Ceremony services. Providing a full range of ceremony support from inception to completion.”
We are a husband and wife team who have worked together since 1990 in a number of successful service driven sectors. Together we live in the beautiful city of Chester, England and most of our work is in the local area and north west region. However, we travel countrywide and even further afield if needed.
Between us, we have a comprehensive range of organisational skills. We’re creative people with an eye for detail. Both of us are enthusiastic about our projects and have a passion for what we do. Therefore, we care deeply about offering you a professional service that is driven by your requirements.
Above all, we look forward to working with you.
Proudly Based in Chester
Proudly serving our Clients in the beautiful, historic city of Chester. Providing services throughout the Cheshire region and the entire Northwest.
A little bit about me………..
The thing is if you ask me to write and conduct your ceremony I will want to listen to you and your story. I will want to understand as much about you as possible in order to match and to exceed your expectations. It’s all about finding out exactly what you want. It’s all about you! However, building a relationship is a two way process. Here are a few things about me to get the ball rolling……..
I’m married to Nigel and we live in Chester, England. Our three grown up children have blessed us with several grandchildren. We’ve certainly learned a thing or two about blended and extended families. Additionally, we know how to organise family events that work for everyone!
My work life has been varied but always with people at the centre of my deeds. I’ve spent many years as a nurse, before taking on the Role of a Human Resource Manager. Additionally, I’ve worked in high street retail, hospitality and even a little bit of TV extra work. Not only that, I’ve even done fashion modelling for a ladies online clothing brand. However, I am now an Independent Professional Celebrant…..How lucky am I to be able to match the skills that I have to a job that I love?!
I want to listen to you and help to create those lasting memories for your special occasion. Offering a flexible approach to your needs as well as my well honed organisational skills. As well as offering you warmth, compassion and when appropriate…a sense of humour too! I guess you could say I offer you a safe pair of hands.
A Bit About a Celebrant...
What can I as a Celebrant do for you?
Did you realise that you can use the services of a celebrant for any kind of ceremony or special occasion? As a fully trained celebrant with the Institute of Professional Celebrants I can write and officiate at the following ceremonies:
Funeral and Memorial Services
If you are looking at this section because you have recently lost somebody close to you, then I offer my heartfelt condolences. I can write and deliver a personalised non-faith based funeral service to reflect the story of the person who has died. However, many look to religion as a comfort at this time and I can incorporate religious elements of your choosing if and as required.
Wedding and Renewal of Vows
If you are looking at this section because you wish to plan your dream wedding then Many Congratulations! Declaring devotion to each other is a truly beautiful concept and I will be delighted to help you to create your ceremony!
Rite of Passage moments are as rich and varied as our imagination:
- Naming, Renaming and Baby Naming Ceremonies.
- Milestone Birthdays, Retirement and Anniversaries.
- Home Blessing or House Warming.
Funeral and Memorial
As a Celebrant I will:
- Visit you in your own home or somewhere different if you prefer.
- Understand the type of service you are looking for.
- Listen as you tell me all about the person who has died and about their life.
- Take notes of our conversation as we talk – it might last about an hour, sometimes a little bit longer.
- Ask about readings, music, prayers or hymns that you might wish to be included. I will help to source these too.
- After the meeting I will use the notes I have taken to write the order of service and Eulogy incorporating any chosen additional items.
- I’ll ensure to liaise with your selected Funeral Director.
- Conduct the very person centred ceremony at your chosen venue at the agreed time.
- You will be provided a bound copy of the all words written for the service.
- This is your moment to say goodbye and I will treat you at all times with care, compassion and understanding.
Wedding and Renewal of Vows
As a Celebrant I will:
- Visit you in your own home, or somewhere different if you prefer. If distance is an obstacle we can always meet via Skype or FaceTime or similar.
- Understand what kind of ceremony you are looking for and make suggestions too. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination. Learn about where you wish to have your ceremony; locally, UK or where in the world.
- Understand your requirements in terms of the ceremony content, format and flow.
- Advise you on the difference between your wedding ceremony and your official marriage.
- Construct a ceremony to reflect each of you personally and as a couple.
- Include any traditional or religious elements within the ceremony as you wish.
- Write a set of tailored vows for you for this most memorable service, or help you to write your own
- Individualise your service by including a mini ceremony within the proceedings if you wish, with readings, music and poetry you might like to choose a hand-fasting, sand blending, fingerprint tree, love letter or wine box ceremony. I have plenty of ideas and will be delighted to discuss them with you.
- Draft the ceremony pulling together any of your own theme concept ideas too.
- Perform the unique ceremony at the agreed time and location.
- Give you a bound copy of the words used at your special day.
Did you realise that you can use the services of a celebrant for any kind of ceremony or special occasion?
- Naming and Baby Naming Ceremonies.
- An alternative to a religious ceremony to welcome a new baby into the family and appoint guide parents.
- To welcome the name of children as they become adopted into a new forever family.
- Affirm the blending of new families as they come together as one.
- Embrace the transition of a transgender person as they say goodbye to an old life and invite friends and family to celebrate the new.
Milestone Birthdays, Retirement and Anniversaries
Why wait? Just do it!
Home Blessing or House Warming
This can be a social event or a private moment, intended to offer future love and happiness for all inhabitants within the property.
Saying goodbye to a past relationship with dignity and grace. Acknowledging any children of the couple and affirming the couples pledge to their children and each other for the future. It doesn’t need to be sombre….trust me!
I’m Nigel Parry, Professional Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies. It really doesn’t matter what event you are organising, engaging my services will serve to enhance the function and bring an extra dimension to the occasion.
Throughout my working life I have held numerous managerial positions in both the public and private sector and have always paid close attention to the planning of services. An inherent ability to organise and administer events. Therefore enabling me to develop my skills across a wide range of professional and social functions and work with people from all walks of life.
Having finished work after twenty years as a Managing Director I developed my skills as a communicator and organiser. I then spent several years living in Europe before returning to my hometown of Chester. During my working life I joined Rotary International, becoming President of my local club. It was here that I gained further experience in organising both fund-raising and social functions.
I received the highest standard of training at The Academy of the Guild of Professional Toastmasters in London. Hence, I was given the tools and knowledge to perform my role, enabling me to provide help on all matters of etiquette and formalities
As a Toastmaster I will consult with you on every aspect of your event, agreeing all necessary procedures, timing and protocol. I’ll work closely with you to understand how you wish your event to unfold. With this in mind I’ll help to plan your function and then make it happen on the day. Moreover, I will ensure that everything runs smoothly, leaving you to relax free from worry to thoroughly enjoy your very special occasion.
A Toastmaster's Duties...
Add a dash of tradition and elegance to any event!
Many venues will advise you that they can provide a Toastmaster. In reality, this person will not be a ‘red-jacket’ professional dedicated solely to your event. In contrast, it may simply be a member of staff who has numerous other duties on the day. In addition, when you engage with us we will be at your service exclusively throughout your event. We’ll work tirelessly on your behalf during your function. For the purpose of everything running smoothly.
Choosing Dedication Matters as your Professional Toastmaster for your event will:
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Give you the support of a dedicated specialist throughout your event.
- Enable you to relax. Secure in the knowledge that all proceedings will be directed with the appropriate blend of professionalism, fun and formality.
- Add warmth, colour and character.
- Make your event even more memorable.
- Deliver a well-organised, punctual and enjoyable occasion for all of your guests.
What do Toastmasters do?
Toastmasters are trained in the disciplines and protocols expected at every type of event and in providing our services you can ensure that I will…
- Work with you from the planning stages to ensure your event is well organised.
- Advise on the appropriate formalities, etiquette and protocol for your style of event.
- Work diligently and unobtrusively to help your event run like clockwork.
- Make your guests feel welcomed and at ease.
- Provide official announcements and introductions.
- Enable you to concentrate on the business of the day without worrying about the running of the event.
We provide you with the necessary support at any of the following events…
- Weddings of all cultures
- Masonic Ladies Festivals
- Corporate Dinners
- Gala Balls and Dinner Dances
- Bar Mitzvahs
- Renewal of Vows
- Rotary Club and Round Table Functions
- Civic Luncheons and Dinners
- Awards Ceremonies
Please feel free to contact us by filling out the form below.